Interactive microbiome research
- Alexander, our new PostDoc and Daniela, our new MasterStudent joined the group!
- Our microbes wish you a happy Valentine's Day!
- We joined the MedUniGraz Schöcklwanderung. -> see more
- Wohoo! Alexandra won the LIFE SCIENCE PHD AWARD AUSTRIA for her outstanding PhD thesis. Congratulations!!!
- Master student Diana has joined us!
- We enjoyed learning more about astronomy on our group trip to the observatory Auersbachtal.
- Rahela from Romania is here for a week within the europlanet project!
- Timo from Karl-Franzens University is visiting our lab for a few weeks
- Our new intern Ines joined our group to support the Arbex project!
- Congratulations to Manuela who won the poster prize at the FEMS-congress in Spain!
- The Arbex-Wipes arrived! We hope for interesting results.
- Soo pretty! ISS isolate #1RA on plate (Picture below!)
- The ISS samples have been taken by astronauts today on 28th!
We are looking forward to their delivery.
- New publications on Archea & skin are out from MeduniGraz (press release, article) and from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Alexandra got the doctoral thesis award at the University of Regensburg for her dissertation “Grappling extremes: The biology and diversity of space-relevant microorganisms”
- Within the launch of Cygnus Cargoship (Orbital ATK flight OA-7) on April 18th our Arbex- Wipes took off to ISS.
- Ayo from Nigeria joined our group and will stay for half a year! Welcome!
- On the 4th of November the 3rd Theodor Escherich symposium has taken place.
It was again a very nice day with many interesting talks.
We are very proud of Kaisa and Manuela who won the best talk prize/ 1st poster prize!
- Kaisa received a Start Funding Program grant from Medical University of Graz for her project ”Microbiome meets plasmidome – connecting pathogenic infection risk, healthy microbes, and environmental biodiveristy in a functional hospital setting”.
- Jorge, an erasmus student from Spain was visiting us for two weeks
- Atsuko, a student from Japan, is visiting us for a week.
- Petra is visiting us for a week.
- Kaisa received research funding from Stadt Graz for her project ”Mikrobielle Übertragsungswege in Intensivstationen” (Microbial transfer at intensive care units).
- Half of our group is going to attend ISME (16th International Symposium on Microbial Ecology) in Montreal. We are looking forward for new inputs!
- Alex won the 1st prize for her talk at summer academy! Congratulations!
- Johannes is here for an internship for 4 weeks.
- Cameras in our lab! Another movie is on the way.
- Our new paper is out: Venturing into new realms? Microorganisms in space. (in FEMS Microbiol. Rev.)
- Michael and Martin from Aarhus, Denmark were here for two weeks within the europlanet project. We hope you got some interesting results! Thank you both!
- Europlanet brings very interesting projects and people to us! We could share our lab with Karen from UK and Barbara from Italy for a few days. Nice to meet you!
- The europlanet project brought Stefan to our group for a week.
Thank you for your visit!
- Congratulations to Michi Mauermeir who won the 2rd place of the ISC - (International Student Congress) science flash!
- Kaisa travelled to Italy to collect samples from a clean room.
- Our Lange Nacht der Forschung - exposition "Mikrobenalarm - Eine schrecklich nette Familie!"
on 22nd of april was a huge success!
More than 900 visitors got to learn more about microbes.
- Look at the fotos of the evening!
- Find more handprints of our visitors here!
- Our new intern Mara has joined our group!
- Stefanie Duller has joined our team! Welcome!
- Our "Astrobiology and Space Medicine workshop" was a blast! Check it out here
- Another visit from an ORF team in our laboratory!
- Congratulations to Alexandra Perras, who won the 3rd poster price at the Theodor Escherich symposium!
- Please check-out our newest press-release on the microbiome activities in Graz!
- Our team has a new member: Welcome Manuela Pausan!
- Please check-out our newest press-release on the healthy microbiome of plants!
- Congratulations to Max Mora for the Space Factor Contest Award, received at the EANA 2015 meeting in Noordwijk!
- Our team has a new member: Welcome Michi Mauermeir, Erasmus student from Regensburg!
- Microbiome research on ORF2
- Welcome international researchers: our facilities are now open for you! Come and visit our Center For Life Detection. Our new project was kicked-off in September: Europlanet.
- Nächster Halt: Mars! Please check out the update on our space activities here.
- Join us to our trip to Mars: The Mars mission simulation activity AMADEE-15 is the environment for our Glacier-MASE project.
- Michael Beck won the 3rd place of the ISC - (International Student Congress) poster prize! Congratulations!
- Our new PostDoc has joined our group: Welcome Kaisa!!!