Lehrstuhl für Molekularbiologie und Biochemie
Tenure Track Professor of Neuronal Processing
We are looking for an excellent researcher with great potential to develop an internationally recognized research agenda in the field of neuronal processing.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research and teaching in the fields of neuroscience and cellular energy metabolism with a focus on neuronal processing. The new position will complement the research activities of the Gottfried Schatz Research Center.
The initial appointment is limited to six years. After the conclusion of a qualification agreement, the career advancement goal is to transfer to a tenured position as an associate professor (tenure track professor pursuant to § 99 para. 5 and 6 of the Universities Act). If the candidate demonstrates outstanding and remarkable achievements, the qualification agreement may be fulfilled more quickly.
Ihre Aufgaben in dieser Position beinhalten:
- Conducting cutting-edge research in the field of neuroscience with a focus on neuronal processing
- Establishing and leading an internationally recognized research group
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, supervising diploma and PhD students and mentoring and promoting young researchers
- Acquiring third-party funding and taking the lead in such research projects
- Writing and publishing high-quality scientific papers in reputable journals
- Establishing and maintaining networks through local, national and international research collaborations
- Giving lectures and seminars, actively contributing to conferences, hosting visitors and organizing conferences
- Supporting scientific and public outreach in the research area (public lectures, media, etc.)
- Actively participating in the organization and management of the Gottfried Schatz Research Center, including on matters related to teaching at the Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
Für diese Position bringen Sie folgende Qualifikationen und Kenntnisse mit:
- PhD or MD/PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in neuroscience or a related field
- Comprehensive research expertise in the field of neuronal processing including electrophysiology and two-photon microscopy
- Proven track record of high-quality publications and peer-reviewed research grants or other third-party funding as a lead or principal investigator
- Previous experience in teaching and/or (co)supervising pre- and postgraduate students (depending on the applicant’s career stage)
- Postdoctoral research fellowship abroad or at a different institution than where the PhD was completed
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English (equivalent to proficiency level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and strong willingness to learn German within 2 years
Idealerweise zählen zu Ihrem Profil:
- Experience in leading a research group
- Interdisciplinary cooperation skills
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Ability to work in a team and problem-solving skills
- Qualifications in gender competence and diversity management as well as an interest in integrating gender aspects into research and teaching
initially limited to 6 years, becoming a tenured position when the qualification agreement is met
Einstufung in die Verwendungsgruppe
nach Kollektivvertrag für ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten.
Application: The Medical University of Graz invites all applicants to submit their application online by 7 December 2023.
Statutory information: The minimum remuneration is based on the collective agreement for university employees (KV § 49.2). A higher salary for this position is contingent upon qualifications and may be negotiated with the rector.
Scheduled date for job interview: 21 December 2023 at the Medical University of Graz
The Medical University of Graz is committed to increasing the proportion of women in leading positions at universities in Austria and encourages qualified women to apply. Among applicants with equal qualifications, female applicants will be given priority. We also welcome applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage them to apply.
Aufgrund technischer Gegebenheiten kann es unter Umständen zu Einschränkungen bei Online Bewerbungen kommen. Falls Sie mit "Jetzt Bewerben" nicht zum Bewerbungsbogen gelangen, senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen bitte an firstname.lastname@example.org.