Diagnostik & Forschungszentrum für Molekulare BioMedizin
Tenure Track Professor of Computational Microbiome Research
We are looking for an excellent researcher with great potential to develop an internationally visible research agenda in the field of computational microbiome research.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research and teaching in the field of computational microbiome analysis with a focus on understanding how the microbiome contributes to human health and the development of disease. The new position will complement the research activities in microbiomics of the Diagnostic and Research Center for Molecular Biomedicine.
The initial appointment is limited to six years. After the conclusion of a qualification agreement, the career advancement goal is to transfer to a tenured position as an associate professor (tenure track professor pursuant to § 99 para. 5 and 6 of the Universities Act). If the candidate demonstrates outstanding and remarkable achievements, the qualification agreement may be fulfilled more quickly.
Ihre Aufgaben in dieser Position beinhalten:
- Conducting cutting-edge research in the field of computational analysis of the microbiome with a focus on developing, optimizing and applying computational tools to predict microbiome structure, function, dynamics and host-interaction
- Acquiring third-party funding and taking the lead in such research projects
- Establishing and leading an internationally visible research group
- Writing and publishing high-quality scientific papers in reputable journals
- Teaching graduate courses, supervising diploma and PhD students and mentoring and promoting young researchers
- Establishing and maintaining networks through local, national and international research collaborations
- Giving lectures and seminars, actively contributing to conferences, hosting visitors and organizing conferences
- Supporting scientific and public outreach in the research area (public lectures, media, etc.)
- Actively participating in the organization and management of the Diagnostic and Research Center for Molecular Biomedicine including on matters related to teaching
Für diese Position bringen Sie folgende Qualifikationen und Kenntnisse mit:
- PhD or MD/PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in natural/technical sciences, e.g., bioinformatics, computational biology, biology or a related field
- Research expertise in the development and application of computational tools for microbiome research
- Advanced programming skills (e.g., R, Python or other relevant programming languages)
- Proven track record of high-impact publications
- Peer-reviewed research grants or other third-party funding as the principal investigator or major contributor to a research project
- Previous experience in teaching and/or (co)supervising pre- and postgraduate students (depending on the applicant’s career stage)
- Postdoctoral research fellowship abroad or at a different institution than where the PhD was completed
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English (equivalent to proficiency level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and strong willingness to learn German
Idealerweise zählen zu Ihrem Profil:
- Experience in leading a research group
- Willingness to cooperate, open-mindedness and ability to work in a team
- Communication and social skills
- Outstanding level of motivation
- Systematic and analytical mindset, excellent organizational skills
- Responsible work habits, resilience and ability to solve problems
initially limited to 6 years; becoming a tenured position when the qualification agreement is met
Einstufung in die Verwendungsgruppe
nach Kollektivvertrag für ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten.
Application: The Medical University of Graz invites all applicants to submit their application online by 13 April 2023.
Statutory information: The minimum remuneration is based on the collective agreement for university employees (KV § 49.2). A higher salary for this position is contingent upon qualifications and may be negotiated with the rector.
Scheduled date for job interview: 1 June 2023 at the Medical University of Graz
The Medical University of Graz is committed to increasing the proportion of women in leading positions at universities in Austria and encourages qualified women to apply. Among applicants with equal qualifications, female applicants will be given priority. We also welcome applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage them to apply.
Upon entry into the Med Uni, clinical an non-clinical areas with potential patient contact (hygiene, human genetics, pathology, forensic medicine) are required to undergo SARS COV 2 immunization in accordance with the recommendations of the national vaccination commitee. In any case, proof of basic immunization (3 vaccinations) is required. In all other areas, applicants with basic immunization will continue to be given preference (in case of equal qualifications).
Aufgrund technischer Gegebenheiten kann es unter Umständen zu Einschränkungen bei Online Bewerbungen kommen. Falls Sie mit "Jetzt Bewerben" nicht zum Bewerbungsbogen gelangen, senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen bitte an email@example.com.