Lehrstuhl für Molekularbiologie und Biochemie
Tenure Track Professor of Lipid and Energy Metabolism
We are looking for an excellent researcher with great potential to develop an internationally recognized research agenda in the field of lipid and energy metabolism.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research and teaching on the role of lipid and energy metabolism in health and disease with a focus on lipid hydrolases. The new position will complement research activities in the field of molecular and cellular biology of lipid hydrolases and involve close collaboration with the SFB Lipid Hydrolysis coordinated by Med Uni Graz.
The initial appointment is limited to six years. After the conclusion of a qualification agreement, the career advancement goal is to transfer to a tenured position as an associate professor (tenure track professor pursuant to § 99 para. 5 and 6 of the Universities Act). If the candidate demonstrates outstanding and remarkable achievements, the qualification agreement may be fulfilled more quickly.
Ihre Aufgaben in dieser Position beinhalten:
- Conducting cutting-edge research in the field of lipid and energy metabolism with a focus on the role of lipid hydrolases in health and disease
- Establishing and leading an internationally recognized research group
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, supervising diploma and PhD students and mentoring and promoting young researchers
- Acquiring third-party funding and taking the lead in such research projects
- Writing and publishing high-quality scientific papers in reputable journals
- Establishing and maintaining networks through local, national and international research collaborations
- Giving lectures and seminars, actively contributing to conferences, hosting visitors and organizing conferences
- Supporting scientific and public outreach in the research area (public lectures, media, etc.)
- Actively participating in the organization and management of the Gottfried Schatz Research Center, including on matters related to teaching at the Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
Für diese Position bringen Sie folgende Qualifikationen und Kenntnisse mit:
- PhD or MD/PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in life sciences, molecular medicine or a related field
- Extensive experimental research expertise in the field of lipid and energy metabolism
- Research experience in the phenotypical characterization of mutant mouse models
- Proven track record of high-impact publications and peer-reviewed research grants or other third-party funding as a lead or principal investigator
- Previous experience in teaching and/or (co)supervising pre- and postgraduate students (depending on the applicant’s career stage)
- A minimum of six months of research experience abroad (or at another institution than where the PhD thesis was performed) during or after completion of the PhD
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English (equivalent to proficiency level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Strong willingness to achieve proficiency in German within one year in order to teach in German
Idealerweise zählen zu Ihrem Profil:
- Research expertise in the generation of mutant mouse models
- Previous participation in international conferences as a speaker
- Willingness to cooperate, open-mindedness and ability to work in a team
- Communication and social skills
- Outstanding level of motivation
- Systematic and analytical mindset, excellent organizational skills
- Responsible approach to work, ability to work under pressure and problem-solving skills
initially limited to 6 years, becoming a tenured position when the qualification agreement is met
Einstufung in die Verwendungsgruppe
nach Kollektivvertrag für ArbeitnehmerInnen der Universitäten.
Application: The Medical University of Graz invites all applicants to submit their application online by 15 June 2023.
Statutory information: The minimum remuneration is based on the collective agreement for university employees (KV § 49.2). A higher salary for this position is contingent upon qualifications and may be negotiated with the rector.
Scheduled date for job interview: 15 September 2023 at the Medical University of Graz
The Medical University of Graz is committed to increasing the proportion of women in leading positions at universities in Austria and encourages qualified women to apply. Among applicants with equal qualifications, female applicants will be given priority. We also welcome applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage them to apply.Upon entry into the Med Uni, clinical and non-clinical areas with potential patient contact (hygiene, human genetics, pathology, forensic medicine) are required to undergo SARS COV 2 immunization in accordance with the recommendations of the national vaccination commitee. In any case, proof of basic immunization (3 vaccinations) is required. In all other areas, applicants with basic immunization will continue to be given preference (in case of equal qualifications).
Aufgrund technischer Gegebenheiten kann es unter Umständen zu Einschränkungen bei Online Bewerbungen kommen. Falls Sie mit "Jetzt Bewerben" nicht zum Bewerbungsbogen gelangen, senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen bitte an firstname.lastname@example.org.